Saturday, July 7, 2007

Being grateful...

These last few months have been difficult - car wise. My 1992 Lumina Van is on its death throws, and I've been waiting for it to finally die. This week it did. After failing the inspection, I took it to my uncle who owns a body shop in town. He looked at it and found that the frame is now starting to rust out, at the point where my front driver side wheel attaches to the car. To repair it would cost more than what I payed for the car. I figured this was my 2 week warning. Find a new car in the next two weeks or we'll be dependent on taxis.

It turns out it was my 5 day warning. No. My wheel didn't fall off. My heater to defrost my front window broke, and now I'm driving in my own personal fog bank. You know those cartoons where it rains on one character in particular, and everyone else is walking around in the sunshine? That's what it felt like anyway. So for the last few days, I've been taking taxis. They are expensive. Consider that I have to work 4 hours a day just to afford going to work. We are not talking daycare. We are not talking about my lunch. We are not talking about make-up or hair products - since I work closely with the public.

I am grateful though. Grateful that I've had a working vehicle for the last three years. Grateful that I have the opportunity to go to work. Grateful that I have the opportunity to find a new vehicle for my family. Grateful that we haven't had an accident which could have been devestating. Grateful that we have been very blessed for so long.

Pray that we find the right vehicle for our family. Pray that we find it soon, and be grateful for what you have.

1 comment:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Oh my!

I will totally pray - I know what this is like. My van broke at the beginning of July and the next day, some friends sold as a great car for only $300. On top of that, we haven't paid them yet, because they said - and meant - when you have it!

You're in my prayers!