Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Lord give me strength!

Ok, here's a bit of family history...

I'm a divorced mom of 4. The dad was abusive and I left with the shirt on my back and a suitcase for the kids. We've been seperated now for 3 years, and the divorce & anullement finally happened last fall. He still tries to control me via the children/anything having to do with the children.

Today, 3 days before the start of summer vacation, he sends me an e-mail saying that we should send the kids to day camp which according to him would be cheaper than the $3.5k daycare will cost for the summer. At this point all daycares are filled with school children, and summer day camps are bursting at the seems.

Lord give me the strength I need to deal with this man, one of your children. Give me the words that I need so that these children you have put in my care will have their needs met. Give me the patience I lack so that I may not be bothered or stressed by this issue. Lord you have said that if a parent would not deny their child a request, how much more would our Father in Heaven be willing to help us. You have said that widows and children have a special place in your heart. I may not be a widow as such, but I am alone to raise these children - so I cry out to you for them. I ask you to listen to my prayer.

Thank You my Lord! I know that you have answered my prayer and that this will be resolved soon. Amen! Amen! Your glory shines in the face of children. Thank you for giving us the joy of them!

1 comment:

T with Honey said...

Good luck and God bless!