Monday, June 11, 2007

Lectio Divina

A simple prayer. One that I practiced regularly only a few years ago. The biggest part of this prayer is being present to the Word of God. To take a few moments of the day and read a short passage. Then a few moments to meditate on the Word that we have just read. We continue with Oratio - where we let our hearts speak to God, inspired by the Word that we have just read and the meditation we've just had. We finish with a contemplation. Taking a few moments to be present to God in the Word He has given us. What could be better?

I am weak though. Distractions abound and exhaustion overtakes me and the next thing I know, it has been seven years since I took the time to partake in this precious gift. I need to remind myself of the peace and the rest that I found in this 20 minute exercise.

No comments: