Sunday, June 10, 2007

How do I start this blog?

Well, I'm roman catholic. I'm also a mom. There are so many blessings in both of these things. I thought I would start this blog to discuss, think and ponder over only a few of the blessings that come from the roman catholic church and from being a mom. Time slips away so quickly, my first baby is already a pre-teen. My last baby will be starting school in the fall. Each day the children try my patience. Each day I find some grace to make it through. How many days have passed since my first baby has been born? How many graces have I accepted thankfully - yet I have forgotten about? So I'll start this simple blog to help remind me of some of these daily miracles.

Today has been simple enough. Mass this morning. The extra blessing of adoration for but a few moments at the end of mass. I wish that I could say that my children were darlings throughout the mass. The oldest two were a little distracted by the books, while the youngest two were distracted by each other. Yet here we were as a family, in The presence of our Lord and Saviour. As I knelt after the Eucharist, praying as I usually do - with my eyes closed, my heart soared and I started praying quietly in tongues. Then I heard my priest saying that we would have a few moments of adoration. Oh saving grace! How can I thank thee for the miracle of salvation? The Eucharist isn't just a symbol or a remembrance... It is the sharing of THE body and blood of Christ. The choir softly starts to sing "I exalt thee, I exalt thee, I exalt thee oh Lord!" My heart and lips sing the song with full meaning. Words fail to exclaim the song in my spirit as I adore my Lord. Yet these words are simple and carry my spirit towards my God. The church is reverently quiet, safe for the soft singing from the hearts in the congregation. Then as quickly as it started, my heart wanted to cry out. I opened my eyes to find that the priest has taken the Body of my God from the monstrance and is placing it into the tabernacle.

My miracle was simply that. I got a moment to meet my Lord, adore Him and exalt Him joyfully and heartily. Distractions may come and may go, yet the Lord Jesus is still present to us throughout. Will we still recognize Him in the rush of our daily lives?

No comments: